Friday, December 21, 2007

The rest of the story....

Everyone needs to hear the rest of the story.... I sat in the airport
waiting and then they canceled my flight. I went to the desk and was
very nice and asked what my options were. They transferred
my to another airport and said I would for sure make it on the last
connecting flight to Spokane. So, John drove me on horrible roads...
there was an accident right in front of us. I did not think we were
going to make it. He drops me off and I go in to have my ticket
confirmed, which ends up being a huge mess... for a few minutes I
thought we had driven all the way for nothing. The flight is suppose to
leave in 30 minutes. I sit down and wait and wait and wait and about 1
hour goes by... they have not told us anything, finally another passenger
comes in the room and tells everyone that our flight has been delay
(really what would have given her that idea). Finally the plane gets to
the airport, I double check with the desk to make sure I will caught my
connecting flight, they tell me I'm okay and I will make it. So I get
on and take off, we get into SLC and I run to the desk and my flight had
already left... about 5 minutes before. The flight in the air took a
little longer than it should have for some reason. They told me that
the could get me into Spokane by 12:30 the next day... well guess what
the wedding was at 11:00... so I told them no thanks, they tried Lewiston, Tri-Cities, Missoula, etc
... anything close and nothing could get me there in time. Fortunately
the last flight back home had one seat left... and they held the plane
for me. I delayed a flight by about 15 minutes... but since it was the
last one of the night.... they put me on it... I had to run the the
other end of the airport... I had not ticket.. but was still able to
get on.... I got home about 1 am in the morning.. the kicker is that my
luggage went to Spokane and back the next day. I complained about the
service and the fact that I did not even make it to my destination...
they said something about not being able to refund the money since the
tickets were half used... boy did that make me mad.... they ended-up
refunding all of my money and I got a $100 gift card for my inconvenience
... neither makes up for missing my sister's wedding... it reminds me
of trying to get to Sarah's wedding. We left two days ahead of schedule
from WA to travel to UT and my carbroke down and we had to walk in the
middle of the night. some nice guy stopped and gave us a ride to the
nearest town. The car was towed and it took 2 1/2 days and $600 dollars
to fix... therefore we ended-up missing the reception... I guess
somethings are just not meant to be.

1 comment:

The Wynn Family said...

Well at least you have a crazy story to tell your kids right?!?