Sunday, August 12, 2007

Dog Days






It seems like the summer just started and now it is coming to a close. School will be starting. Adrienne is so excited to start Preschool. Her teacher is crazy, but very very good with kids. The kids seem to do really well. John's little brother took Preschool from her as well John's sister's kids. So I guess it is a family thing. It is going to be hard for me (why do we do this to ourselves as mothers?) I'm having a hard time this afternoon. Adrienne went to D'Ann's house and then grandma's (still not back yet) and I feel kind of sad that I missed the afternoon with her (am I nuts?? I guess, so because it's not because she does not drive me nuts!!!)




Here is our life: work, kids, house, yard, garden, eating, and sleeping. For some reason our garden has been doing wonderful this year. We have had peas, beans, broccoli, peppers, carrots, onions, potatoes, spinach, lettuce, and radishes already. It has been so wonderful to have fresh fresh vegetables at our fingertips. The only problem is picking... the beans and peas are killers, not to mention pulling weeds... that is the reason we have kids... so someday they can pull the weeds. I canned my first green beans since John and I have been married. I know if that is the only thing exciting in my life what kind of life do I have?




At least I can say I have friends that did this or that. Speaking of, my Aunt Barbara is moving to American Samoa. It is gorgeous. I think we might be going to visit... they will be there for three years.

Adrienne wants to spend every waking moment with the neighbor girls or cousins and Ty... he is a walking vacuum cleaner who loves to bite... anyone got any ideas how to get a kid to stop biting?
I've added Danielle's blog... she has a beautiful family.... and she is a lot better at this blogging thing than I am... Happy Dog days of August!!


No comments: